Saturday, January 10, 2009

Flirtation

This photo has become one of my favorite photos from my time at the University of Montana. It was taken while on assignment for the Rural News Network, a class offered at the J-School. This class is offered mostly to seniors.


I like the expressions on the two girls faces. You can see that they like the boy they are talking to. You can see by body posture and facial expression the flirtation that is happening at this moment. It is amazing how much emotion can be portrayed in a single photo.


The other thing I like about the photo is the fact that I did not plan on it. There was a time-out during the football game and I happened to turn and see them talking and laughing. I was only able to take a couple of shots before the moment was gone. Never-the-less, this photo has truly become one of my favorites. I guess you never know what you may run into on assignment.

No comments: